Monday, January 30, 2012

pr*yer request

Hello friends,

I have a pr*yer request for the next couple weeks:
Tomorrow myself and a group of 7 colleagues will begin a two week trip to visit refugee camps in the southern part of our country. Our team leaders went to the area several months ago to survey the needs and the people requested school supplies to help children have better access to education.
It has taken a while to coordinate permission and funding to complete this project, so we are excited that this door is open. Our group will meet a large shipment of supplies and when we arrive we will hire local women to help us make individual packets of school supplies and distribute them to children in the camps.
Ask that we will hire just the right women- that they will have peaceful, open hearts and good work attitudes. Please join us in asking the Father to use this opportunity to open up many meaningful conversations with women and that it will lead to lasting hope for people who have come from unimaginable circumstances.
Ask the Father that our shipment of school supplies will arrive on time from the capital.
Ask for safety on the roads and good health for our team as It is a 3 day drive each direction.
Ask that the small packets of school supplies will be a meaningful blessing to the people who receive them.
Ask the Father to take extra care of the spouses and kids of those traveling with our group.

I personally am very excited while also a little nervous about this trip. I feel privileged that I will get to see and better understand the reality of refugees' lives and even more honored to be able to share the Father's love for them through this small gesture.
I also know we will see more suffering and hardship than I can process in my own strength. BUT I know the One who IS strong enough- He created each person we will meet. He knows their names and their stories. He cares for them and I can rest in His love and compassion...
"When He saw the crowds, He had compassion on them because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd"..... "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."

thanks for lifting us up! We will have limited email while we are out, so look for an update in about 2-3 weeks.

blessings,
leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment