Living in a house with four girls ("seit bait" means "ladies house") has been a great experience; we always share our funny, crazy, and bizarre stories when we get home.
Here are a few of my recent favorite roommate adventures/ cultural experiences:
1. “Today we went to the zoo and this one guy kept messing with the lion. (You can easily poke your fingers or throw rocks through the chicken wire fence.) Next thing we know, the lion aims and sprays PEE on the guy!”
2. “We were shopping for diras (dresses) and when we walked in one shop a voice from the back immediately asked if we were single. When we said yes the man said, 'I will give 50 camels for your friend.' That was our cue to leave.”
3. “We were walking down the street and all the sudden this man’s lips were in my face and I had to swerve to dodge him!”
4. “I was walking down the street and didn’t notice a hole. All of the sudden my whole leg was in the hole and now I have a serious bruise on my rear end.”
5. From our S friends, in broken English: “It is so good to see you! Your face is fatter since you got back from Dubai.” (First, this might have been true; second, this was a compliment.)
..................................................
good times, great oldies :)
Thank you for updating your blog!!!! :)
ReplyDelete