here is the latest from this corner of the world.
Every month when it comes around to update time, I want to convey the
general feeling of the month or share a story that gives a glimpse of
how the Father is at work in or through me . But for every sentence I
write there is so much more that could be said: about day to day life,
the process of adapting to a new culture and language, relationships I
am building with teammates and nationals and things I am learning from
the Father through all of it.
So here is a little zoom in on two very different days that happened
back to back a few weeks ago:
Today was a really good day. We had language lesson in the morning
from like 8:30-10:30 and then we went over to a S.-friend's home. The
two girls we know the most weren't there at first, but we've become
friends with the whole family from previous visits there so we just
hung out for a while until the girls we know better got home. I had
my camera so we showed them the photos of us riding a camel in Dubai
and they were amused. When our friends got back, they had a gift for
us!! they gave us each a dira- a traditional S. dress- and they picked
out pretty fabrics! We wanted to take a picture together with our
new gifts, and that turned into a long, happy photo session!
After we came home, I went to the gym with one of my roommates which
always feels good AFTER i'm done!
We got back from the gym around 4pm and hung out for a while. I am
now enjoying a very, very rare moment where I have the house to
myself. So after i check my email and facebook I am going to study
language. then i will meet up with my friends for a late hang out at
9ish.
... on the other hand, yesterday was one of those crazy days where
nothing quite works out. I woke up to find out that my roomie had
scabies so we had to cancel our language lesson and was all the linens
in the house. Since we don't have a dryer and we need to scorch out
any bugs in the sheets, we went to couple friends' homes with dryers,
however the one i went to stopped in the middle of the first cycle b/c
their dryer works on gas and the gas tank was empty. So then we
called more people to try to figure out where we could successfully
finish our laundry...My synopsis of this event, "It takes a village to
wash the sheets." :)
Thanks to everyone for the many ways you support and lift up me and this work!
I love to hear your latest as well, so I can know how to be lifting
you up to the Father!
blessings,
leigh
No comments:
Post a Comment