greatest sporting events is now underway. That's right, we are in the
middle of the World Cup 2010, soccer to Americans, futbol everywhere
else. Even though I am still thousands of miles away from where the
games are actually being played, it's fun to be in an atmosphere where
most everyone is excited about the games. Just tonight I went with
one of my roommates to a cafe that's about a 10 minute walk from our
house to watch the first half of the South Africa vs. Uruguay game.
The cafe had a huge screen set up in the outside patio area and it was
really fun to watch with a crowd of fans!
In other news, I am making gradual progress in language learning and
building relationships with S. people.
Here is an example list things/topics I can attempt to talk about
and/or understand:
basic greetings
things I, you, he, she and they like and don't like
animals (this is a lion... the cat is running from the dog)
food
emotions like happy and sad
a man standing behind the house, a girl going in the house
how to play Uno, or as we call it "Hal Card"
Thank you alsl for keeping me lifted up to our Dad, for your
encouragement, emails, and support.
Hope this very brief update finds you all doing well! As always I
would love to hear from you to know how you are, what is new and how I
can be lifting you up!
I sent out a more lengthy email update at the beginning of June. I
have since learned that several people I thought were on my update
list did not receive it. If you or anyone else you know missed that
email or if you know anyone who would like to be added to the list
please shoot me a message.
blessings,
leigh
No comments:
Post a Comment