Dear friends,
One month ago, after two truly amazing years in Ethiopia, I returned
to America where I am currently readjusting to western life. I
apologize for the overdue nature of this update, sometimes it's hard
to know what to say to sum up two years of life. But this morning I
was reminded that I am not really trying to communicate my story but
to share the goodness, love, and power of the Father!
"Jesus said to them, 'My Father is always at his work to this very
day, and I, too, am working.'" John 5:17
Every week our team would quote this verse and then ask the simple
question, "How have you seen the Father at work this week?" It became
my favorite part of the week. Every week there were (and are) stories
to be told- someone was healed, a government official was helpful, a
woman believed the good news, a man went out to a remote village and
the many who were eagerly waiting were baptized. Every week the
Father amazed me, and I fell more in love with Him.
So this is what I have learned: to expect (believe, have faith, trust)
God to show up and act!
That changes everything!
When I see God answer specific, bold prayers again and again, I pray
even more boldly. When I see God heal the sick, I learn to trust Him
with the hard things I can't understand. When I see God repeatedly
open the hearts and minds of Mus people to the Truth, I gain faith
and loose fear and I share the Truth more boldly. When I see God
sustain new believers who are being watched or pressured or disowned
by their families, I know that He is WORTHY and the source of
contentment in all circumstances.
When I see God move and act and choose to join Him in it, He refines
my understanding of who He is, his holiness and goodness, and He
transforms me more into the creation He intended me to be- one of
power and love and self-discipline and NOT of fear.
Now that I'm back in Memphis, I have to ask Him to give me new eyes,
so that I can see His work here and now and join Him in it. The
transition back has been challenging and is still ongoing, but I am
incredibly blessed to return to a place full of like-minded disciples
who are pursing Him and His kingdom. During this season my days are
being spent taking classes to prepare for nursing school in the fall,
working part-time over the summer, and reconnecting with family and
friends. Pray with me for intimacy with Him each day, for direction
on where and how to "plug in" to what He is doing in Memphis and for a
roommate and house.
I probably won't be sending out many more mass "life updates" but I
just want to say thank you to each of you who has journeyed with me
for the last two years!
Thanks to the people who supported me financially, the Father
completely supplied over and above every need!
Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement, they have meant
the world, more than you can know!
In Him,
leigh
No comments:
Post a Comment